Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) is a $2.2 billion integrated health system serving Wisconsin with about 10,000 employees and over 1,200 providers comprising 86 specialties, health plan, and research and education programs. MCHS primary operations include Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield Medical Centers in Marshfield, Eau Claire, Ladysmith, and Rice Lake (formerly Lakeview Medical Center), Marshfield Children's Hospital, Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, Security Health Plan and Marshfield Clinic Health System Foundation.
The Surgical Technologist is a skilled member of the allied healthcare team who provides clinical support and/or operating room assistance under the supervision of a licensed physician. The Surgical Technologist works with a wide variety of healthcare professionals to deliver direct patient care before, during, and after procedures or surgery. The Surgical Technologist provides a safe, efficient environment for the surgical patient and staff by working in accordance with Marshfield Clinic standards of practice and by adhering to Marshfield Clinic policies/procedures, universal precautions, and sterile technique.
**External candidates for this position may be eligible for a sign-on bonus.**
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology courses must be completed within 1 year of hire unless independently obtained.
- Two years of healthcare experience preferred.
- One year of experience as Surgical Technologist preferred.
- CPR Certification required upon hire. Certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (formerly the Liaison Council of Certification) as a Surgical Technologist within one year of hire required for Surgical Technologists. Note: Surgical Technologists employed at Marshfield Clinic in a surgical technologist role prior to 3/1/01 are not required to be certified but must acquire continuing education credits equal to the requirements to maintain certification.
- Must meet criteria for hospital and ambulatory surgery staff privileges (where applicable), may require additional specialty or department-specific certifications (where applicable).
We offer competitive wages, employer funded retirement, comprehensive benefit package, and 401(k)!
Marshfield, Wisconsin has a community of 19,500 and is proud of our family-friendly environment. The Cities of Marshfield & Wisconsin Rapids of Wood County were ranked 14th in America, 3rd in the Midwest and 1st in Wisconsin as best cities to live in. Marshfield is also ranked as the 8th best "Dream City" in America offering excellent health care, schools, vitality, connection to cultural mainstream, and a low cost of living all wrapped up in a small-town feel. We are located in the middle of the state with easy access to a network of interstate, U.S. and State highways. For more information, visit
Inquiries can be directed to Kimberly Wojcik, Human Resources at
You may apply online directly through:
or through the Career Center at
Search by keyword: Surgical Technologist - MOHS
Marshfield Clinic Health System, 1000 N. Oak Ave. Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: Marshfield, Wisconsin