Make A Difference!
Join the New MTA by becoming an MTA Police Officer and help make our transportation systems safer!
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police Department (MTAPD) is seeking highly motivated, qualified individuals for the position of Police Officer. MTA Police Officers are responsible for ensuring the safety of MTA customers and employees and for protecting property throughout the MTA’s operating region (New York City, Long Island, Upstate NY and Connecticut) on NYC Transit, Staten Island Railway, Long Island Rail Road, Metro- North Railroad, and Bridges & Tunnels.
- Uniformed Patrol
- Detective Division
- Anti-Crime Unit
- Fare Evasion
- Homeless Outreach Conditions Unit
- Communications Unit
- Administrative Services
- Highway Patrol
- Canine Unit
- Emergency Services Unit and
- Counter-Terrorism Unit.
MTA Police Officer Salary and Benefits Information*
- Starting salary of $42,000. (Upon completing 7 years of service the top pay is $100,368 annually. )
- Attractive work schedule: uniformed patrol officers work three 12- hour- and- 20- minute shifts per a week. (Every third week officers are required to work a fourth 12- hour- and- 20- minute shift.)
- Excellent promotional opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
*Salary and benefits information subject to change.
Please visit our website at https://new.mta.info/careers/become-a-police-officer for instructions on filing an online application.
Online applications may be submitted from Friday, September 6, 2019 through October 6, 2019. Applications submitted by mail will not be accepted or considered.
The MTA is an equal opportunity employer.
Location/Region: New York