Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as one of the "Best Place to Work in Insurance." foreight years running. We think you’ll agree! A few of the reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
12-week paid parental leave
A huge emphasis on community involvement –Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities
Frequent athletic and wellness events
Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hours and other celebrations
Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10 year anniversary!
The Account Analyst willprovide theEmployee Benefits Department with technical and administrative support.
- Essential Duties
- Enter and maintain all client data in BenefitPoint, including revenue and commissions.
- Respond promptly to client requests for service/assistance.
- Assist team members in addressing and resolving client issues involving claims, administration, compliance, etc.
- Communicate on a professional level with insurance carriers and other vendors to address client issues in a manner that produces optimum results in a timely fashion.
- Assist the Account Manager and Account Executive with client marketing, including preparing requests for proposal, coordinating responses with insurance carriers, and comparing benefits and costs via marketing spreadsheets.
- Set up WebEx meetings and survey tools for account teams.
- Assist with employee-facing communications on behalf of clients, including providing client-specific plan information to the Communications team, proofreading all communication pieces, and creating simple communication pieces via Publisher as necessary.
- Prepare benchmarking reports using a variety of source material.
- Become familiar with all areas of employee benefits compliance, including but not limited to 5500 and wrap document process, health reform, and preparation of notice packets.
- Assume other special duties as requested such as maintenance of the carrier and vendor master list, providing administrative support for department events, and updating client and internal Associate lists.
- Make a positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service to the customer.
- Attend position related seminars/classes, as required.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related program or equivalent education and/or experience required.
- Company or agency experience in employee benefits desired.
- General understanding of employee benefit coverage’s preferred.
- Previous administrative experience preferred, preferably in a support position; experience in a corporate environment desired.
- Full proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; Microsoft Publisher desired.
- High aptitude for accuracy in mathematical calculations along with strong attention to detail in order to proofread spreadsheets and review documents for errors.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines required. Must be results-oriented with the ability to change priorities as needed.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with associates at all levels of responsibility, along with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability/willingness to interact with clients, vendors, and insurance carriers on a professional level to address issues that produce optimum results in a timely manner.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
More than 6,000 professionals at Lockton provide 50,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, employee benefits consulting, and retirement services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and 9th largest overall. For eight consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, check Lockton Market Update.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE** Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.